Is Japanese Knotweed poisonous?
If you’re reading this, you’ve likely discovered you have Japanese Knotweed on your property or close by, and you want to check if its poisonous, and that you, your family or your pets are safe from the invasive weed.
How poisonous is Japanese Knotweed?
In short – it’s not. Whilst it’s a highly aggressive invasive plant species found in the UK, it’s non-poisonous for humans.
Some people have reported mild skin irritation after touching the plant, but that’s as dangerous as it gets for us.
Whilst Japanese Knotweed isn’t poisonous, it’s crucial to avoid inadvertently allowing any infestations to spread.
Is Japanese Knotweed poisonous to dogs?
If your dog is like mine, they probably like to eat pretty much anything they come across too.
Like many pet owners, you’ll be wondering what happens if your dog eats Japanese Knotweed?
The plant is not known to produce toxins that can cause adverse reactions in dogs.
Remove Japanese Knotweed fast
It might not be posionous to your dog or to humans, but we recommend you take immediate action to remove Japanese Knotweed from your garden.
The plant is a nuisance and will spread fast. This can lead to all kinds of problems as roots will extend beneath driveways, houses and into neighbouring properties.
Here at JBB, we are Japanese Knotweed removal experts.
We will carry out in-depth site surveys and offer a number of treatment options ranging from herbicide to excavation, relocation and disposal.
We will quickly and safely remove Japanese Knotweed infestations that have taken hold of your garden.
If you have found something you think could be Japanese Knotweed, you need to book a survey right away before the problem gets out of hand.